Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Got a Job!

Right around Math Fest time (mid March) I got a job!

For the past 4 years of stay at home momhood, I have applied for any somewhat reasonable part time attorney job just to stay in practice and to not get too scared of my approaching "all my children are in school" empty nesting. Well in March I interviewed with a solo-practitioner who was actually looking for a paralegal since he was swamped in work but we hit it off and he offered me a job and I took it.

Tim is done with school until his residency starts in July so we pulled a Freaky Friday and he is the stay at home dad and I am the bread winner. I think I am enjoying myself more than he is.

I am mostly just excited to be able to get some legal experience while Tim is able to stay home with the kids and Tim is excited to have this chance to build a better relationship with the kids before he starts residency.

Practicing law is awesome. Not nearly as rewarding as parenthood, but it is also not as hard.

I am currently mostly doing adoptions and bankruptcies but I had my first misdemeanor case in criminal court today and it was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. And of course I did awesome.

I don't have any cool pictures of me all dressed up in my suit so instead I am posting some of our Mess Monster.
(hot chocolate)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your job! It sounds like it's just perfect for you right now. Did you enjoy Atlanta, BTW? There are some cool places around there.