Saturday, December 25, 2010

Accessories

When Gillian was born I declared that she could get her ears pierced as soon as she was old enough to ask for herself. Tim really likes earrings on girls and I certainly don't mind them. But when she turned five and started asking for the piercing I found myself incredibly reluctant.

I just kept looking at her and feeling like she was just perfect the way she was, I didn't want to change a thing.

But she was persistent and it is her body and I don't actually have a problem with it, so we agreed to let her get them pierced.

I have to say, that I fell in love with them. I can't imagine her without them now and she loves them and she looks just adorable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buffy, I just finished looking at your entire blog and enjoyed it from start to finish! These are just exceptional pictures--Could you find a cuter subject to photograph than El? Except it be James and Gillian. 3 is such an adorable age to catch in picures, which you have done so well here!

The photos of James and Gillian holding apples in a bowl are such beautiful Americana, and that smile of Gillian's! James too! I love reading about their going to school, playing soccer, trick or treating, waiting for and seeing the fireworks; and thanks for including photos of their incredibly wonderful parents who are so creative and so talented and photogenic too!

I could identify with El wanting to get too close to the TV too since it's hard not to in my study! Hilarious about Tim's "blah, blah, blah" scientific comments! ;)

Another A+++ on another fantastic job you have done here. I want to copy and save the entire thing!

Love,

Amanda PS We loved your visit!