Sunday, October 16, 2011

James' Eighth Birthday

James had a Bakugan birthday this year (i.e. he had a Bakugan cake). We went online to find visual representations of the interdimensional fighting ground for the Bakugan and tried to replicate in cool whip the myriad of colors comprising said fighting ground. James appeared pleased with the results.

He got Viva Pinata Two as a present. I will never forget when Viva Pinata first entered our family. Concerned with James' overall fascination with villains and how his playing fighting video games might attribute to that, I did my research and found Viva Pinata: a super cute, non-fighting game about gardening and adorable pinatas teaching kids valuable and life long lessons in allocating limited resources to get a desired result and opportunity cost.

James loved the game, and I patted myself on the back for being such a good mother. He hadn't played for all of 10 minutes however, when he got his shovel taken away from him for hitting the games' "guide" and spent all of his resources on poisonous plants that killed pinatas.

Hmm.

No comments: