Sunday, February 17, 2008

21 With 9 Years of Experience

James and I made Tim 30 cupcakes for his birthday and placed them in a heart shape on the cocktail table to surprise him when he came home. Cupcakes because they are easier for him to take school and heart shaped because we love him. We used a super delicious, moist chocolate cake recipe that I think I will share with you due to its sheer deliciousness.
1 devil's food cake mix (+egg, oil, water)
1 c. sour cream
1 c. chocolate chips (Tim likes the mini--I like the regular)
1 sm. box chocolate pudding

Make the devil's food cake according to recipe on box. Add additional ingredients. Mix together and pour into pan size you want. Bake at 350, but if using traditional cake pans or casserole dish the cook time will be 5-10 minutes longer. Just check with tooth pick.

1 comment:

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

I like the title of this post. I will think of it that way from now on! Clever. And thanks for the recipe. Sounds great. I have been very cake moody lately.
love,
mel