Every October we have the Knox family reunion on the farm that Tim's Granddaddy Knox grew up on. This year was the 250 anniversary of the farm. It has been in the family since 1758 and is still a working farm. We had such a fabulous time.

This is the old farm house built in the 1800s. Granddaddy Knox was born in this house, as well as his father, and his grandfather, and perhaps his great grandfather. When I first entered the
Bunton family, a couple of Tim's aunts still lived here. But now the house is vacant, and this year, someone went through the house, cleaned it, organized it, and opened it for a tour. It was truly a lovely house.

Being at the farm, I can kind of get a feel for how life use to be and it is not an altogether unpleasant picture. Until they start showing us all the farm
equipment and start talking about their work day. Farming itself really doesn't sound like much fun to me. I am lazy by nature.
Aerial view of a part of the farm.
3 comments:
Wow! What a great family legacy. I would love to visit an old farm like that, how fun!
Buffy!! That sounds so cool! Your family is so cute! When was Eleanor born? I had my little Sofia Ann on July 3rd. If you want to see what we are up to you can check us out at www.bellafamiglia.wordpress.com
-Kristin (Haskell) Eaquinto
gorgeous photos. I always said I would have loved to be a farm girl, I wonder how that would have actually played out....
Post a Comment