Monday, February 2, 2009

What I Did Over Christmas Vacation

Over Christmas I came down with a compelling urge to organize our attic. I spent almost ever free moment for two weeks in the attic: throwing stuff away, sorting stuff, putting stuff into storage bins rather than mangled boxes, and finally labeling the bins with everything in them. I am so pleased with my work I am posting pictures, here, on my blog.

I am just kicking myself for not taking a before picture--I had no idea my efforts would yield such a tremendous improvement. I will try to paint the picture for you: filled (completely and totally filled) with mangled moving boxes towering high all around the entrance. Several times we have bought something we knew we had just because we could face having to find it in the attic.

I am mostly just impressed with the stuff I was able to throw away. Pay close attention to how much floor space there is near the entrance.

I am so proud.

I still have a couple mangled boxes as you can see--that one is full of Tim's plaster hand casts. I haven't figured out the best way to store those yet.

2 comments:

The O'Malleys said...

Very impressive. We have a storage closet on our balcony and it is so packed with stuff that we have definitely lost things to the black hole of chaos.

Unknown said...

I am very impressed. Organization is something I will always envy. Way to go!